Tuesday 28 June 2016

A Giver

You used to be different, they say. 
You used to smile, they say. 
You used to love, you used to care
You used to shine, you used to glare. 
Time heals everything, I knew, 
Time changes everything, I knew
But I will lose myself, this I never knew. 

I loved, I cared, I shone, I glared, 
Every ounce of my happiness I shared. 
But tables turned and so did my role, 
I wasn't a giver anymore. 
It was time for someone else to lift me up, 
It was time to not let me give up. 

So I looked up for someone to come and hold me, 
But everything was blurred... 
I was expecting someone, so thought it's my tears
Little I knew, this is the world. 

Everyone here is a receiver, 
Ready to take all, 
You are your own guardian, 
Whether it's spring or fall. 
So I decided to stand, and be like the world, 
Never to be a giver again coz it's no good role.

But how can I ignore the falling tears,
How can I ignore all those dears.
I was taught to be good and kind and helpful,
Not to be cruel and cunning and playful.
So what, if I was treated ill
That's no reason to be mean even a li'l.
Coz out there are a lot of me,
Waiting to be lifted up,
And I can help them and be a giver once again,
So their world gets lit up.

I aspire to be a giver. A giver of love, a giver of good vibes, and a giver of strength. :) 

4 comments:

  1. Amazing. Keep Going like this ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :)
      To stay updated with my blog, like my page https://www.facebook.com/wakeyourspirit/

      Delete